Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's a DSSO Summer...Part 2!


And then it was an hour and a half drive to Tayabas where we’re having lunch.  Everybody dozed off as soon as we hit the road except me.  I don’t know but I’m always wide awake whenever I travel, even in 10-12 hour trips to Laoag and Pagudpud.  One of my peculiarities.

We had lunch in Palaisdaan in Brgy. Dapdap…not to be confused with Kamayan sa Palaisdaan.  I knew how hungry we were then because nobody, as in nobody remembered to take shots of the food.  But I remember what we had.  Pinaputok na plapla, ginataang sugpo, enseladang pako, grilled spareribs, ginataang suso (as in snails!), pancit lucban, sinampalukang manok and lots of steamed rice.  I have never seen a happier bunch after that meal. Hehe















Next stop was Batis Aramin, I actually had no idea what we’re going to do there since I’m sure nobody’s planning to go swimming.  And then I saw that there’s an adventure site where you can go mountainbiking (na-miss ko tuloy bike ko!), wall-climbing, rapelling and ziplining.  So the bagets went ziplining and the thundercats went out for…well, coffee. Hahaha!  I wanted a longer and more technical (?) zipline but it was fun nevertheless because I was with my closest friends.














Right across Batis Aramin is the Kamay ni Hesus Shrine.  I’ve been there with J’s family before so I didn’t climb up anymore.  L showed me Noah’s Arc, well, it’s a building dedicated for retreats and stuff.  It wasn’t there when I last went so I guess donations must really be pouring in.   Most of us changed clothes because we were already drenched in sweat.















Before heading back to Manila, we dropped by Lucban town to get more pasalubong.  I was eyeing Eker and Ely because I liked the longganiza I bought there a year ago but our driver said that we can also get good Lucban longganiza from Laguador’s so that’s where we all went.  I think that store sold at least 60 dozens of longganiza from our group.  And I saw cans of broas (lady fingers), apas, meringue, galletas etc being hauled into the vans.  Nag-panic buying talaga!  And right after the shopping-spree, it rained so hard, good thing we were already on our way back to Manila.  Left Quezon province at 5pm…right on time!  My time and motion study was a success!  Hehe!










All the while I knew that the last stop would be the UN office…but NO!  Umatake ang mga bulate sa stomachs ng Van number 1.  So, we had dinner in RSM in Calamba.  While I knew that we’d get to UN really late, okay lang because I loved the bulalo and crispy pata that we had for dinner.  There’s chopsuey and inihaw na pusit, too.














It was a fun weekend.  My first time to arrange a tour for a big group and a smashing success, I dare say. Hehe!  And I heard they’re planning a Baguio trip soon.  I swear, gusto ko passenger na lang ako. 

No comments:

Post a Comment