Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's a DSSO Summer...Part 1!


The entire division spent a day out of the office last weekend.  I was tasked to put together a day-tour for 21 people.  I was quite hesitant to accept the job because I knew how stressful it is to head a summer outing.  Different people, different personalities.  But I’m glad I took on the challenge and with the help of other friends, we were able to pull it off.  I think everyone enjoyed naman.

Meet up was at 5am and 2 vans left at exactly 5:30.  First stop was breakfast in Vieux Chalet, a Swiss Restaurant hidden somewhere in Antipolo.  The ambiance was cozy and homey but for the price, I think there are better breakfast places out there.  It’s notable though how easy the reservation was.  I just called the office and looked for Sally, made a 30% downpayment and that was it.  All we had to do was show up.  Sayang lang that for nearly P10,000 that was all the food we had, at hindi pa free-flowing coffee.  Oh well, it was a good experience though.
"Is there anything funny?"..."Bawal tumawa?!?"














 And then we’re off to Daranak Falls in Tanay…which I didn’t see because we headed straight to Batlag Falls which is further up from Daranak Falls.  Hehe.  I was so shocked to see the Batlag signage, because it made me think if we’re going inside a nature reserve or a girly bar, haha!  


















Whatta!!!





















After tons of picture-taking by the falls, the group headed to one of my favorite churches, the San Pedro de Alcantara Church in Pakil.  It was the first time for most of my officemates but they all agreed that it’s one of the most beautiful churches they’ve ever been to.  I’m happy that I included this church in the itinerary.

















Beautiful interior!













The heat was beginning to be unbearable so a halo-halo stop was in order.  It’s Aling Taleng’s Halo-Halo since 1933!  The topping was the most intriguing to us.  I believe that it was what Tita Rita (the owner) called tubo ng niyog.  It’s sweet and with a bit of crunch when you bite into it…perfect rival for leche flan.  Each glass of halo-halo costs P65.  The guys even bought a lot of pork chicharon, shing-a-ling, banana chips and barquillos sold at the counter.


No comments:

Post a Comment