Sunday, June 19, 2011

Iloilo: Eats!


What’s a trip to Iloilo without trying the cheap seafood and the famous batchoy.  The plan was to go to La Paz town to taste the original batchoy but our ever below-sea level EQ prevented us from doing so...so we ended up trying Ted’s Batchoy.  Magellan and Pigafetta won’t settle for just a regular batchoy so it’s a couple of Super Special Batchoy paired with puto for A and pandesal for me.  When I saw the bowl, I suddenly wished that I ordered the junior size.  It was huge and they were very generous with the ingredients, I think there more toppings than noodles.  I barely finished half of what was served.

Iloilo is also seafood heaven.  I think I almost developed an allergy from prawns and oysters overload.  I’m just not that lucky because scallops and angel wings (diwal) were always out of stock.

And if there’s Bong-bong’s and Merci in Bacolod, it’s Biscocho Haus in Iloilo.






No comments:

Post a Comment