Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tagaytay: Bag of Beans!

When in Tagaytay, I never (well, almost) fail to visit Bag of Beans.  It’s the perfect café/restaurant with a very nice ambiance for breakfast people like me because breakfast is served all day long.  There’s a garden where you can have your meals while enjoying the chirping of the birds inside a huge cage. Word of caution though, make sure to slap on some bug lotion because there’s a lot of mosquitoes in the garden.  I don’t particularly like the smell of burning mosquito coil they had there…which didn’t really ward off the tiny suckers.  If you’re not into al fresco dining…you can always have your meals inside the restaurant.

I was starving when we got there at around 3pm because I haven’t had lunch yet.  So, I went over the menu, as if I didn’t know what I’ll be having and ordered my breakfast-lunch of ham, tomato and mushroom omelette with crisp bacon strips, a basket of freshly-baked bread with butter and jam and freshly-brewed coffee (house blend) that’s refillable.
Trust me, this tastes a lot better than it looks






Nothing beats freshly-baked bread


I had 2 cups of this good coffee















But the star of the show ermm…meal is my dessert.  The oh-so-divine blueberry cheesecake!  I kid you not…I almost forgot my name when I took the first bite.  Teheee…I’m exaggerating as usual because I just adore cheesecakes but you REALLY have got to try Bag of Beans’ blueberry cheesecake.  Okay, I’ll just let the pictures tell you how good it is…

See the generous scoop of blueberry topping?















It's heaven in every bite!



I swear there's a slice of cheesecake in that plate!















So if you haven’t had breakfast in Bag of Beans in Tagaytay, I suggest you go now and do yourself a favor for it may just be the best breakfast experience you’ll ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment