Monday, January 3, 2011

My New Netbook!

If not for the persistent backache that I suffered out of lugging my backpack to the office almost everyday…I would not have parted with the Toshiba Satellite laptop.  After thorough soul-searching, I finally found the courage to say goodbye to my Toshie and said hello to…

My lovely crimson red HP Mini with the following technical specs:







Model
·         HP Mini 210-2000 Series Laptop
Operating system installed
·         Genuine Windows 7 Starter 32-bit
Processor
·         Intel Atom Processor N475 
·         1.83 GHz, Level 2 cache 512 KB
Chipset
·         Intel NM10 + ICH8m chipset
Memory
·         2 GB DDR3 (1 x 2048 MB)
Maximum memory
·         Supports up to 2 GB DDR3 memory
Colour Available
·         Charcoal
·         Crimson Red
·         Luminous Rose
·         Ocean Drive
Hard Drive
·         320 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive
           7200 rpm
Optical Drives
·         N/A
Display size (diagonal)
·         25.6 cm diagonal WSVGA LED HP BrightView Infinity Display
Display resolution
·         1024 x 600
Graphic card
·         Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150
Video Memory
·         up to 256 MB total available graphics memory
Slots
·         5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick,    Memory Stick Pro or xD Picture cards
Network Card
·         Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN
Wireless Connectivity
·         Bluetooth wireless networking
·         802.11 b/g/n
Sound
·         Altec Lansing speakers - Dolby Advanced Audio
Web Cam
·         Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone (VGA)
Keyboard
·         93% Full size island-style keyboard
Pointing Device
·         HP Clickpad supporting Multi-Touch gestures with On/Off button
Dimensions (H x W x D)
·         22.8 (min H) / 32 (max H) x 191 x 268 mm
Weight
·         1.46 KG
Power
·         40 W AC Power Adapter
·         6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery

Okay, okay…I admit that I don’t understand 80% of the technical mumbo-jumbo but I definitely liked what I got.













One of the reasons why I hesitated to use a netbook at first is because of the keyboard…but the HP Mini 210’s keyboard is practically the same as a standard keyboard of a regular-sized laptop. 

A couple more things that I like about the keyboard is its cool silver finish and the specific key for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.  The caps lock and Wi-Fi/Bluetooth keys are backlit by beautifully understated white lights. 






Also, the battery life is awesome…a fully-charged battery can last up to 6 hours of action.  This is heaven since I’m used to the 3-hour battery life of the Toshie.  The LED display is great…perfect for watching Vampire Diaries, Glee and all the movies JM shares with us. J  And no, I didn’t get red because I wanted to be VI compliant (VI crap!), I just fell in love with the eye-catching crimson red, smoothly tapered, brushed metal cover.  I secretly hoped that there’s one in green…kaso wala. L














And the size is perfect for anyone that travels…now, I don’t have to think twice if I should bring the netbook in any of my trips.  It’s much lighter than the one that I’m used to so it’s a pretty welcome adjustment.  I have watched movies, played games and surfed the internet and it works perfectly.  It’s a great system for my day to day tasks with loads of storage and memory.


The decision would not have been possible if not for C’s prodding.  Thank you so much, one of the best gifts ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment