Thursday, January 27, 2011

Occ. Mindoro: Buffet Dinner in Pandan Grande Island!

It is required to have at least one buffet meal when you stay in Pandan.  So even if we brought a lot of food, we had to march to the restaurant that evening for our buffet dinner.  I’m not sure if it’s worth 450pesos but knowing how hard it is to maintain the island…sige na nga din. J

Dinner started at 7 until 8:30pm.  These were what we found on the spread…

Crab and corn soup


Steamed rice


Freshly-made potato chips

Pork Menudo


Steamed fish (they are HUGE!!!)

Pinakbet and sliced tomatoes


Sliced cucumbers and coleslaw


An assortment of salad dressings


Bananas, pineapple and melons


Papaya and watermelon
















It’s not the food that I liked about this restaurant…but this…














Yes, I had to see this implemented in this remote island.  How I wish that all restaurants would follow suit.  Ate L forgot to put her cellphone on silent mode and when her phone went off for an incoming call, Dominique (the French owner) immediately called her attention.  Sometimes, we really have to be reminded pa, noh?  Another thing is that the restaurant is self-service.  Something that the 2 other Filipino tourists took for granted when they left all their utensils on the table instead of bringing them over to the kitchen.  Little did I know that those 2 would nearly cause us our trip to the Apo Reef…but more on that in the next post because I can already feel my blood pressure shooting up.  Sometimes, I’m beginning to think that I’m good judge of character.

Some of us had one too many slices of papaya and watermelon so we had to stay on for coffee and tea which comes with the buffet dinner.  I even had a good chat with Pim, a Swedish tourist who’s thoroughly enjoying his Philippine trip with his wife.  It’s a good thing J brought his flashlight because it was pitch black on the way back to our cottages.  And would you believe that I almost caught a firefly with my bare hands?  J

It was a good night.

2 comments:

  1. masarap yung fruits...but since everyday fare sa ating mga tahanan yung dishes medyo namahalan kami. told you, sumama ka dapat. :-)

    ReplyDelete