Monday, October 25, 2010

Laguna Churches - TROIS!

Tenth stop, Luisiana Church
Our Lady of the Holy Rosary Parish
















So we’re back on the road to the town of Luisiana.  I didn’t even know that there's such a town in Laguna.  We saw the church right away but we were disappointed because the church has undergone MAJOR renovation.  I don’t know if it was necessary but judging the way the sidewalls looked, I would have preferred the old structure rather than this newly-built one (2008).  The interior wasn’t impressive either…I think, I blurted out, “Ang panget!” as I entered the church.  Such a waste!  I’m sure that the old structure could rival those of the other colonial churches we've seen. 



























Exasperated , we drove to our next destination.

Eleventh stop, Majayjay Church
San Gregorio Magno Church
















You will not miss this church as it’s so huge.  Despite the minor alterations done, I’d say that they did a good job with the preservation.  I just found the bricks used in the façade a little too pink.  As we entered the church, we noticed the catwalk that leads to the bell tower which this church is known for.  And it is one of the 26 colonial churches declared by the National Museum as National Cultural Treasures. 














Took a lot of pictures in this church because of its beautiful exterior and then got back on the road to go to Liliw. 


No comments:

Post a Comment