Thursday, May 3, 2012

Taiwan Eats: Din Tai Fung and Chili House!


Din Tai Fung may just be a dumpling place but all the rave about it made me ask to have our first meal there.  I had no idea where it’s nice to eat in Taiwan so I have to thank all the internet foodies for writing about this restaurant because it turned out to be soooo good!

We arrived at around 2PM and we were immediately seated by a gracious attendant.  I already knew what I was going to order so the buddy was tasked to scour the menu and decide for additional items.  And right after placing our orders, the attendant gave us house tea and showed us how to prepare the ginger and soy sauce dip.  She also handed us the “guide” which has Chinese, English and Korean texts.
“Guide to Enjoy the XiaoLongBao”

The bill arrived ahead of our order

Meet the famous Din Tai Fung dumplings!

Rice that’s so moist.

Prawn dumplings that are so spicy!

So let’s see, if we were able to enjoy the Xiao Long Bao…
Place dumpling in a spoon

:  Put some ginger and soy sauce dip

Poke a hole to release some of the broth

Carefully take a bite…it’s piping hot!

Finish it off!  Yum!

I am salivating just looking at these pictures.  Takaw ko.

The day before flying back home, I asked the buddy for some more Din Tai Fung and I was surprised to see the long line of customers waiting to be seated.  We went in to buy a few boxes of pineapple cake for pasalubong but eventually decided to find another place to eat as we were hungry already.  A couple of blocks away from Din Tai Fung, we found the Chili House Restaurant.  As the name suggests, I already knew what we’re in for.
Thank goodness, we found you!

See the deadly chili sauce underneath?

There’s more red chili than chicken.

Even my chili-loving buddy threw in the towel to this spicy beef noodle soup.

It was a nice experience, albeit the swollen lips thanks to all that chili we consumed.

I am coming back to both of you by the end of the year.  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment