Thursday, May 3, 2012

Taiwan Chronicles: Shilin Night Market and the Longshan Temple!


Get off the Jiantan and NOT the Shilin Station to get to the Shilin Night Market, I told myself over and over again.  I really think that it’s my first ever night market experience because I never liked hanging out in crowded places especially at night.  But the Shilin Night Market is listed in the top things to do in Taiwan so off we went!  And we came prepared…with empty stomachs.  I remember eating a whole lot of food…some I liked, some I almost choked on.  We forgot to take pictures of some of the food stuff because we’re excited to try them all.
Nearly downed the huge cup of cranberry-lemon juice!

White variety?

Taiwanese sausage…TERRIBLE!  Huge, HUGE mistake!

Yummy prawn balls!

Corn dogs…ewan ko kung bakit kami nag-CD. Hahaha!

Candied strawberry.  An instant favorite.

Buying my 5th stick.  By this time, sakit na throat ko.
We paid a lot more than what we would normally do on restaurant meals.  So, we have to be careful next time…choose wisely.  Bawal na ang hit or miss! Magastos!

We were able to visit the Longshan Temple which is a famous old temple in Taiwan.  Thank you MRT!  The architecture is fascinating and the wood sculptures are exquisite but what I vividly remember is the smell of incense.  The visit would have been more significant had I been a Buddhist.  There’s also a night market in the area although it’s not as big as the one in Shilin.  We bought a few pairs of boots and several kilos of fruits because it’s cheaper.
So you know when it’s open for visitors

Longshan Temple is facing South

See the delicate sculpture?

Lanterns…

Astroboy…don’t ask me.  Hahaha!

Where they stick those incense sticks

Flower offering…

It’s the year of the Fire Dragon, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment