Thursday, May 3, 2012

Taiwan Chronicles: 2012 Taipei Cycle Show and the Maokong Gondola!


Let’s make a difference!
The main reason why we went to Taiwan was to attend the bike show.  My eyes almost popped out of the sockets after seeing all the bike goodies on display.

I have no idea what they’re watching.

5 years ago, I dreamed of an Ellsworth Epiphany.  Then nagising ako.  Hahaha!

I see Merida, I remember C, the lola-biker.


Bakit ba spokes agad ang naiisip ko?

They sell retail!  I love!

Drool!

Wheelset ko!

Folding bike!
We saw a lot of folding bikes in the exhibition and the buddy really wanted to get one that’s titanium. I don’t think there’s one for sale, though.  He’s also been persuading me to get into folding bikes and I told him that I’d do that with just ONE bike.  This….
Wish ko lang. Hahaha!
Note to self:  Take advantage of online registrations because they give freebies to pre-registered guests!  Both our goodie bags had coupons on them so we had free meals, a couple of headwear and 2 Metro Easy card loaded with NT$100 each.  And those MRT cards were used to get to the Maokong Gondola…little did we know that the MRT card can also be used on those cable cars.  Galing noh…inggit ako sa public transportation system talaga nila.
Thank you, Taipei Cycle Show!
Instead of the regular cabin, we chose the Eye of the Maokong which is the cable car with a glass bottom so we can torture ourselves silly looking at the scenery below.
After letting a couple of cable cars pass…we finally got our “Eye”!

Fail, it was a cloudy day so zero-visibility.

We could barely see where we’re going.  No scenery at all.
I may have missed the spectacular view but time with the buddy was all worth it.

And pa…para…pa…paaaa….
Love ko ‘to!

No comments:

Post a Comment