Sunday, January 15, 2012

Thailand: Temple Chronicles Part 1!

And so, the supposedly relaxed phase turned out to be not-so-relaxed after all.

Wat Arun is so accessible, just take the Chao Praya ferry boat and it’s one of the stops.
I remember the old lady who sold us these tickets…she must have been 80 years old.

You can rent traditional Thai costumes…kung type nyo mag-emote.

The shiny Buddha by the entrance

I zoomed in to the topmost portion of the tower…see the birds?

You can actually climb up to the top…but I swear, parusa talaga!

And I couldn’t understand how A can go down…in style. Naks!

Close up shot

Most of the temples have…GUARDS!

Wat Pho is where I got dizzy seeing so many Buddhas!
Just follow the arrow, para hindi maligaw. Hihihi

Sitting buddhas

Standing buddhas

Reclining Buddha

The Big Buddha place, name of which I forgot!
Sabi ko big diba?
Temple na naman???  I was tired na kasi.

And then I saw this kid reading some Buddhist book

A columbarium within the temple grounds
 

No comments:

Post a Comment