Friday, January 27, 2012

Foodie Find: Balkan, Yugoslavian Cuisine!

On the way back to Manila, I mentioned to B that I had a craving for Chicken Kiev.  B, a certified foodie, immediately thought of Old Manila and suggested that we grab dinner there.  And since passenger-mode ako, I agreed but had my doubts din because I think I read somewhere that Old Manila doesn’t have it in their menu anymore.  At tama ang kutob ko, wala na nga sa menu.  So, we left the restaurant disappointed and hungry…I was certain then that we’d end up in our  default Japanese dinner place!  Hehehe

We’re just about to drive away when B saw this restaurant.
Akala ko Banka...Balkan daw yan. :)
I am not well to avoid having to eat something that I'm not comfortable with but I was with B and that means I gotta suck it up. :)  There were just a few items in the menu and they must be authentic since the chef is a Yugoslavian lady.  I honestly did not find anything that interested me in the menu but B wanted to try the lamb...i cringed.

This was what we had…
Jagnjetina (lamb), boiled potatoes and carrots and homemade bread. - P700
I'm sure that citizens of Balkan countries regard this kind of food as the best...as all other people in the world regard the food from their native countries as THE best but I had a migraine after that dinner.  Eh kasi ba naman, when the waitress served the piping hot dish, i had a big whiff of the lamb and it smelled so maanggo (please don't ask me for the english translation!).  B and I agreed that it's the last time that we'd eat there.

Now I understand why L gets whoozy at the smell of beef...kanya-kanyang waterloo lang pala yan. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment