Thursday, March 3, 2011

Davao City: Eats!

BANOKS:  I was starving when I arrived in Davao and my first meal was here.  I’m guessing that it’s a conjunction of BAboy and maNOK. lol!

Valentine hang-over?

Chicken Inasal

Tuna Kinilaw


















EVY’S HITUAN:  After a tiring but enjoyable day trip at the Philippine Eagle Center, the troop decided to have lunch in a “hituan”, a restaurant that serves anything catfish.  Honestly, I was a bit hesitant at first because I grew up thinking that catfish were caught in ditches near cemeteries. lol!  But after assuring me that these critters were farmed, I finally gave in.  And it was the best decision…erm…lunch that I ever had.  The crispy fried catfish was soooo good!  I tried the grilled ones but the deep fried ones are now my favorite.

The critters!


Grilled tuna belly

Chopsuey

Tuna Kinilaw

Looks horrible but tastes heavenly. lol!


















LACHI’S is located within walking distance from one of Ampatuan’s many mansions.  But I’m not going to talk about that unless I’m eyeing a date with a backhoe. (shudders!)  I forgot to make a reservation so we were wait-listed when we got there at 7pm.  The nice waitress probably noticed that I was starving so she handed me some garlic peanuts.  I think we waited 10 minutes to get a seat.  And I was so disappointed when I learned that the famous Lachi’s Sans Rival was out of stock and would only be available at 3pm the next day.  My flight was at 12:50pm so I definitely wouldn’t be able to taste this dessert that a lot of people are raving about.  There’s a durian-flavored San Rival in the freezer but I’m not that adventurous when it comes to dessert so I passed on that one.

And when you don’t get to eat what you’re craving for, you end up eating more than you should.  So instead of one nice slice of sans rival…we had 3 servings of dessert in their selection.  We left Lachi’s still craving for San Rival…but we were definitely sugar-happy!  


My appetizer


Lachi's Famous Unforgettable Spare Ribs

Stuffed chicken

Blueberry Cheesecake

Symphony Torte

Luscious Mud Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment