Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cebu: Quick Stop!

I just sealed this year’s travelling with the last trip in 2010.  Of course this does not include the regular alternating weekend trips to Bataan and Batangas. J  My itchy feet finally took me to Dumaguete via Cebu.

The troop just had one whole day to spend in the city.  And with the limited time, we made sure to eat in our favorite restaurants and make a quick stop to our favorite pasalubong centers.  Whenever we visit Cebu, it’s always certain that we’ll have one of our meals in Chika-an.  This restaurant is like Dencio’s or Gerry’s Grill but cheaper and very reasonable.  I was starving when we got there so I failed to take shots of the dishes that we ordered but I remember that we had mango with yummy bagoong, baked scallops, chicharong bulaklak, crispy pata, grilled tuna belly, grilled squid, pochero, clam soup, kare-kare, inihaw na kinilaw and calamares.  And I shouldn’t forget to mention that they serve unlimited rice.  J  What I love about Chika-an is their mango shake because they serve it in a huge glass and it’s oh-so-yummy!  It has always been a delightful experience to dine in Chika-an, that’s why we keep coming back.

















 













And would you leave Cebu without tasting the famous lechon?  We are fans of CNT Lechon which is located near SM Cebu.  We would always rush to get a number because the line gets pretty long and worse, they could run out of lechon within seconds.  I love Cebu lechon because it doesn’t need sauce anymore and I was never a fan of lechon sauce, Mang Tomas will never earn a single cent from me.  CNT lechon is best eaten with vinegar…I don’t know what kind of vinegar was served but it’s the dark kind. 

















Since we had companions who are first-timers in Cebu, a visit to the Magellan’s cross is inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment