Friday, November 5, 2010

My Pasta Recipe!

Recently, my palate craved for pasta so I ransacked the pantry and I panicked upon seeing some items nearing their expiration dates.  That’s what happens when you push stuff behind your cabinet or fridge to make room for more recent purchases.  I can hear Irog asking, “Whatever happened to the FIFO rule?”  J



So, I chopped and diced and went on to cook Spicy Tuna Pasta.  Here’s what I used...





  • Butter and olive oil
  • A medium sized onion, & 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • A big can of Hot and Spicy Century Tuna
  • A can of button mushrooms, sliced
  • A can of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • A cup of water
  • Tiny bit of ground black pepper
  • Parmesan cheese
  • Pasta (cooked according to package instructions)

This is the easiest pasta sauce because I can cook this in 10 minutes flat.  Simply sauté (naks!) the garlic and onion in some butter mixed with olive oil then add the tuna with its oil, put a tiny bit of ground black pepper then throw in the sliced mushrooms and the mushroom soup, add one cup of water and let it simmer.  I don’t use seasoning because the canned tuna and the mushroom soup are salty enough.

Once sauce is done, add to cooked pasta, drown with parmesan cheese and enjoy.


How easy can that get? J

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try this... Miss u..

    Love ichie...ray...theia

    ReplyDelete