Saturday, November 19, 2011

Current Shoe Love!


The hunt for the most comfortable flats that I can abuse to death is over.

Inasmuch as I want to stay away because Melissa shoes don’t come cheap, I just can’t because I really needed super comfy footwear.  And I’m happy to discover that not only are Melissas comfortable as I had hoped, but they are sweet-smelling, too.  I recognize the scent from the Melissa retailers in the malls but I didn’t realize that the scent came from the packaging paper and footwear themselves. 

I use them in the office, went dancing and shopping with them and after hours of abuse, no strain whatsoever on my feet with a pleasant surprise to boot, my feet smelled fruity!  Can you believe that?  I’ve never encountered a shoe manufacturer that went out of their way to please the sense of smell even after they’ve made the sense of sight and touch very happy. This could be the start of a new addiction. I wonder if the heeled-ones feel just as wonderful as the flats?  Hmmm.  Erase…erase…erase!  Hehehe!
Campana Zigzag

Melissa Galactic

Vivien Westwood Ultragirl VII Logo

But this is why I really like these shoes…

Melissa  is a leading brand of the internationally acclaimed footwear manufacturer Grendene. The thermoplastic technology for Melissa was developed exclusively by and for Grendene and is leading the way for sustainable practice for design, fashion and manufacturing.

All Melissa plastic shoes are created with a zero waste ethos and particular attention to the life cycle of materials. Melissa recycles 99.9% of factory water and waste, and they recycle overstock styles into next season’s collection.

Melissa is also a proud partner of many non-profit organizations, donates monthly to support local homeless children and pregnant women (as well as massive donations of shoes) and also donates part of its monthly income to developing green urban areas. (source)

And to B who condones this newest fixation, thank you! Love these babies to bits.

2 comments:

  1. hey abby...my feet need those shoes too....hopefully i can find them here...wish me luck...

    miss u muchos chicka

    ichie

    ReplyDelete
  2. goodluck on the search! it's worth every penny...super comfy talaga! miss you!

    ReplyDelete