Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sweet, Sweet Pain!

After a very long time, I was back on the saddle last weekend.  I knew only a couple of people from the group we rode with but I still had fun.  And since I am not in good riding condition, I asked for a backyard ride but as expected…it turned out to be an exploration trip.  So I had all the souvenirs in my shins and thighs…all black and blue. J

I cannot believe that it took me this long to get back to riding.  Told them that I’ll be back in 2 weeks, ayaw na nila maniwala. L  But I can feel that they missed me.

What I loved about this ride were the 2 river (sapa?) crossings, the bamboo tiniks na super sakit, the chance encounter with a herd of carabaos (may baby carabao pa!) and of course when there are carabaos around, expect a lot of…poop!  We literally braved the ride and kept this in mind…pedal away but keep your mouth shut! J

It’s still amusing to note that after all these time, locals still find it amazing to see lady bikers.  Kaya super kilig ang Lola C ko (who by the way is turning 53 in March!).

I can still feel the post-ride pain, even after a 2-hour massage.  I think that I’m already good in dealing with it and perhaps I do want it to linger because that pain is a reminder of the good day that was.

Amazing view after the scary DH portion for C and me


Sinasabi ko na nga ba eh...buhat na naman!


Bayanihan---Bike Edition!


Chismis stop



ASTIG!


O said that C planted this tree. lol!

Instant bike wash!

Playing tarsier!



My Lola C...wasted!
 

After ride food

No comments:

Post a Comment