Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Travel Towels: Aquazorb and Sea to Summit Tek Towels!

I never dared pack a full-sized bath-towel in any of my trips…a mistake frequently committed by my travel companions.  Aside from the fact that they take so much space in their luggage, these bath towels become a smelly haven for bacteria because they never dry properly.

So I purchased a travel towel as soon as I was hit by the travel bug many, many moons ago.  Travel towels are made of microfiber fabric which results in not only super soft feel to the skin but also makes it highly absorbent.  You are guaranteed that the towels will absorb water or sweat instantly.  And as a bonus they are lightweight and quick-drying which is ideal in travel.

I’ve had this large Sea to Summit Tek Towel for years which I got from The Travel Club in SM Megamall.  It still feels soft after all these years.  The color has not faded one bit despite the many machine washes it has endured.  Packing is also a breeze because it comes in a handy zippered mesh pouch so it doesn’t take that much space in my luggage and even the linen cabinet.  I’m so happy and I thought that nothing will ever come close to my satisfaction towards this product…until a friend, C, gave me an Aquazorb towel last Christmas as a gift.

The Tek Towel and the Aquazorb are both soft to the touch, lightweight and quick-drying.  I just can’t prove it because I didn’t actually weigh both but the Aquazorb felt much lighter than the Tek Towel, considering that the Aquazorb body towel is 2 inches wider than the large Tek Towel.  Hmmm, interesting eh!  It gets more interesting if you’re budget-conscious because for the price of one large Tek Towel, you can already get three Aquazorb body towels. 

Personally, I really can’t choose between the two because both brands serve me well.. Though, I just have to mention that I recently visited the Aquazorb kiosk in Megamall-Atrium and in Landmark to get a few more towels for everyday use.  I decided to ditch the bulky terry-cloth bath towels that take forever to dry and tend to smell funky overtime. I suggest you give them a try!  J





No comments:

Post a Comment