Sunday, September 19, 2010

On books!

Only a couple of people know that I have this habit of collecting series of books by certain authors before I can actually start to read. And the clutter that the growing collection makes is driving me nuts. I took shots of some of them while dusting my book cabinet.




























This posts a major dilemma for an asthmatic like me…as books gather dust and it must be because of humidity that they tend to smell funky after being stored for a long time.  I had put up some for sale (to buy new ones :-p) but there’s still a lot packed in boxes.  And with the issue of space, I sure have contemplated on getting the Kindle but I somehow cannot bring myself to actually get one because I’m…old-school.
photo grabbed from flickr

 













I still cannot trade the joy of… bringing home crisp bags filled with books…carefully tearing off the plastic wrapper…running my fingers through the sharp edges and the smell of a just-unwrapped paperback over a gadget that would probably heat up within a few hours of use.  Yes, I’m a bit odd.

Plus the fact that I haven’t heard any report of a paperback being snatched away by our friendly neighborhood petty criminals.  But I’m not closing my doors, if a Kindle comes knocking…it can always come through the window and softly land in my welcoming arms. :-p



No comments:

Post a Comment