Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Guimaras: Raymen Beach Resort!


There are several other resorts in Guimaras but since the boat that we’d take island hopping was in Raymen then might as well stay there, right?  It was a good decision in the sense that despite the very simple accommodation provided, they made up with the very helpful staff.  I was satisfied with the restaurant food and the huge portions are worth mentioning though backpackers may find the prices a bit steep.

I was also glad to note that there isn’t any trace of that awful oil spill in August 2006 and I just hope that they were really successful with the cleanup and not just a cover-up.  I still shudder at the thought that that was the worst oil spill disaster in Philippine history.

The beach is okay with fine white sand but not Boracay-fine.  And it’s quite assuring that there’s always a lifeguard on duty.

Should my itchy feet take me back to Guimaras, I would definitely stay in Raymen again as I felt safe and cared for during our stay there.














No comments:

Post a Comment